Remedial Engineering for Combustible Cladding
At CGS Façade Engineering, it has always been our view that composite aluminium should never be used in any building facade. Firmly, we have been at the forefront advocating the industry using solid aluminium or CFC sheets, which are proven to be as non-combustible.
Following a range of fire disasters, especially after the Grenfell Tower fire in the UK and the Neo 200 Tower fire in Melbourne, regulatory bodies of different countries and states have woken up to the fact that certain types of cladding can be catastrophically dangerous when caught fire. These fires can put lives at risk and have profound impacts to general public and economies.
Over the last several months, we have been engaged on several projects, which need immediate remedial design and engineering to resolve the foreseeable risks imposed by the combustible claddings, curtainwalls and window walls. Our remedial design and engineering knowledge and experience have been proved critical to our clients’ effort in making their buildings safe.
CGS Façade Group remedial engineering services extend to:
- Remedial engineering for replacement of combustible cladding
- Structural engineering of the new non-combustible cladding
- Thermal engineering of the new non-combustible cladding
- Specification for non-combustible cladding material
- Re-design and detailing of new cladding for existing buildings
- Re-design of pressure equalisation principles cavity behind the new cladding
- System design waterproofing and façade interfaces to exiting structure
- System design of un-controlled water exit strategy
- System design on reduction of condensation and air circulation within the system
- Site inspections and reports for new remedial cladding installation
- Site water test proposal and inspection
- Issue design certification for new remedial cladding installed
- Issue designed waterproof certification complying with FP1.4 NCC 2019
- Issue installation certification for new remedial cladding installed